RII50120 Diploma of Surface Operations Management Course
Get Ahead in Your Mining Career.
With the Diploma of Surface Operations Management course at Mine Training Australia, you’ll be equipped with the skills and knowledge you need to take your mining career to the next level.
Do you feel like you are ready to propel your career to the next level but don’t know how? The Diploma of Surface Operations Management course offered by Mine Training Australia provides a comprehensive and personalised training experience that can take your professional dreams further. This course has been designed specifically with an eye towards helping the skilled professionals who work in surface operations management meet industry standards and maintain their competitiveness in today’s market.
The Diploma of Surface Operations Management course is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge needed to propel their careers in the natural resources and mining industry. The course covers a wide range of topics, including risk management, environmental management, production planning and leadership. Students will learn how to manage operations effectively using modern techniques and systems.
The diploma program also focuses on developing problem-solving skills for managing complex situations. By the end of the program, students will have acquired essential competencies required for effective decision-making and critical thinking. They will be equipped with both hard and soft skills that are essential for career growth in today’s job market.
If you feel like you’re ready to take your career to the next level in surface operations management, then this diploma program could be an excellent opportunity for you to achieve your goals while acquiring new knowledge and skills that will set you apart from others in your field.
This qualification provides you the skills and knowledge to work in management roles within the resources sector, such as quarry or open cut coal or metalliferous mine. It requires the application of significant judgement in planning and determining the selection of equipment, roles and techniques for yourself and others. It covers a broad range of skills such as Compliance, Risk and Safety in the workplace, pit planning and managing teams.
RPL (Recognition of prior learning) for set 1-4
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment process that assesses candidates non-formal and formal learning to determine how their current skills and knowledge match the competency outcomes for a unit.
- Students completing part or all of this qualification through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) will be required to:
- Complete a RPL document where they provide documents evidencing their formal and non-formal skills and knowledge,
- Undergo two site visits by our Mining Specialist and
- Have their supervisor verify their abilities.
Training and Assessment for Set 4 (Mining Management)
- Candidates who do not have much experience or evidence of the skills and knowledge covered in a unit will complete the units through a Training and Assessment pathway which will involve working through the course content and submitting assessments.
- Students can complete the unit by attending our facilitated workshops, either in person or virtually, or working through the content online at their own pace. Our hybrid delivery technology allows both our virtual and face to face students to attend the same facilitated workshops.
- Face to Face Attendance: Training will be held at Mine Training Australia in Osborne Park.
- Virtual Attendance: Attend this training from any location by clicking a link.
- Set 4 is also available via online, self-paced delivery.