RII50120 Diploma of Surface Operations Management
This qualification provides you the skills and knowledge to work in management roles within the resources sector, such as quarry or open cut coal or metalliferous mine. It requires the application of significant judgement in planning and determining the selection of equipment, roles and techniques for yourself and others. It covers a broad range of skills such as Compliance, Risk and Safety in the workplace, pit planning and managing teams.
RPL (Recognition of prior learning) for set 1-4
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment process that assesses candidates non-formal and formal learning to determine how their current skills and knowledge match the competency outcomes for a unit.
- Students completing part or all of this qualification through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) will be required to:
- Complete a RPL document where they provide documents evidencing their formal and non-formal skills and knowledge,
- Undergo two site visits by our Mining Specialist and
- Have their supervisor verify their abilities.
Training and Assessment for Set 4 (Mining Management)
- Candidates who do not have much experience or evidence of the skills and knowledge covered in a unit will complete the units through a Training and Assessment pathway which will involve working through the course content and submitting assessments.
- Students can complete the unit by attending our facilitated workshops, either in person or virtually, or working through the content online at their own pace. Our hybrid delivery technology allows both our virtual and face to face students to attend the same facilitated workshops.
- Face to Face Attendance: Training will be held at Mine Training Australia in Osborne Park.
- Virtual Attendance: Attend this training from any location by clicking a link.
- Set 4 is also available via online, self-paced delivery.