RII30120 Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations
This qualification reflects the role of individuals such as production operators, working in open cut coal or metalliferous mines or quarries, who perform tasks involving a broad range of skilled applications in a varied work context, using some discretion and judgement in selecting equipment, services or contingency measures. This qualification is available for sites that wish to provide this for their employees. Also available as a traineeship.
Eligibility Requirements for Subsidised Training
*Students who obtain in a funded place can only be enrolled in one funded course at a time
- Persons must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holders of approved Visa subclasses 309,444,785,790,820;
- Secondary holders of a temporary visa of sub class 457; and
- Holders of a Bridging Visa E (Subclass 050 and 051) where the visa holder has made a valid application for a visa of subclass 785 or 790.
- Persons primary place of residence is in Western Australia
- Persons under 18 years of age in the year of enrolment must be under a DoE Notice of
Arrangement (NoA)2 (Full Time) or exempted from the School Education Act 1999.
This does not include Students undertaking a school based program such as an
Apprenticeship, Traineeship, Pre-apprenticeship, or Aboriginal School Based Training
- Persons must have a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Persons aged 15—24 years at the time of enrolment (excluding students enrolled at school)
- Persons and dependents of persons in receipt of services from one of the following Commonwealth support or employment services programs:
- Online Employment Services
(a letter from the Commonwealth services provider confirming the student’s participation in the program is required)
- Persons and dependents of persons receiving the Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY
- Persons and dependents of persons holding:
- a pensioner concession card or Health Care Card; or
- a Repatriation Health Benefits Card issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Dependents of persons who are inmates of a custodial institution
Trainees must meet the requirements for funding eligibility and meet the new worker definition (i.e. have been employed for less than 3 months full time or less than 12 months part-time or casual prior to commencing the qualification) Trainees will be employed in an appropriate role that reflects the requirements of the qualification.