RII20120 Certificate II In Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation Course
Are you ready to build a solid foundation for a rewarding career in the resources and infrastructure industries? Are you wanting to learn how to get into mining jobs in WA? At Mine Training Australia, we’re excited to offer RII20720 Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation – a course designed to provide you with the essential skills and knowledge to kickstart your journey in these exciting sectors.
This course has been carefully crafted with industry insights, providing a blend of theoretical understanding and practical training. It’s your stepping-stone to new opportunities, paving your way towards a future in mining, drilling, quarrying, and civil construction.
How to Get into Mining in WA
Breaking into the mining sector can seem like a daunting task, especially for those without previous experience. However, for individuals wondering how to get into mining, or specifically, how to get into mining jobs in Perth, WA, there’s a solid pathway to consider.
The RII20120 Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation, provided by Mine Training Australia, has been designed precisely for those figuring out how to get into mining with no experience. This comprehensive course, focusing on the integral aspects of the mining industry, equips individuals with the vital skills and safety measures needed to start a successful mining career.
This course paves the way or what we like to call it “The Yellow Brick Road” for a deeper understanding of the industry, facilitating your steps to get into mining jobs, even if you’re a beginner. In the rapidly growing mining industry in WA, qualifications such as the RII20120 Certificate II can be your ticket to a prosperous and exciting career.
So, how to get into mining in WA? It’s simpler than it appears. Enrol in the RII20120 Certificate II course with Mine Training Australia, and take the first step towards your mining career today. This will not only equip you with the right skills but also make you stand out to potential employers, significantly improving your chances of securing a position in this booming sector.
Remember, getting into mining doesn’t have to be an intimidating process. With the right training and guidance, you’ll be prepared to join the ranks of professionals making a difference in the rich resources industry of WA.
Why Choose Us?
Mine Training Australia offers the mining industry a ‘one-stop’ shop to meet the majority of your site’s training needs.
We have on our team experienced mining, management, and training professionals and a suite of products and services to support the mining industry. From new starter inductions, underground and surface to Quarry Manager Qualifications – delivered at our purpose-built facility in Osborne Park or on-site.
At Mine Training Australia, we are more than just a training provider. We are a community of industry professionals who are passionate about sharing their expertise and knowledge. We pride ourselves on:
- Industry-leading trainers: Our trainers are seasoned professionals with years of experience in the resources and infrastructure industries. They bring first-hand knowledge and practical skills to the classroom.
- Cutting-edge facilities: We offer state-of-the-art training facilities, providing a safe and realistic environment to practice your skills before stepping into the real-world workforce.
- Flexible learning options: We understand that everyone’s learning style and schedule is different. That’s why we offer flexible learning options, including part-time, full-time, and online courses to fit your needs.
- Comprehensive support: From enrolment through to graduation, we’re here to support you. Our team is committed to ensuring you have the best possible learning experience.
This qualification reflects the roles of individuals working in the resources and infrastructure industries who perform mainly routine tasks and procedures, using limited practical skills and fundamental operational knowledge, and taking some responsibility for the quality of the work outcomes.
This is a pathway qualification and that prepares individuals to successfully undertake a sector-specified Certificate III from the RII Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package.
The RII20720 Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation covers a broad range of industry fundamentals, including:
- Workplace safety and procedures
- Use of industry-specific tools and equipment
- Basic operational knowledge for resources and infrastructure work
- Teamwork and communication in a worksite environment
This course is ideal for anyone looking to enter the resources and infrastructure industries or for those seeking to formalise their skills with a nationally recognised qualification.
Possible career industries include:
- Open Cut Miner (Metalliferous Mining)
- Open Cut Coal Miner
- Small Mine Operator
- Civil Construction Worker
- Building & Construction Labourer
Start Your Journey Today
Take the first step towards a rewarding career in the resources and infrastructure industries. Enrol in the RII20720 Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation at Mine Training Australia today.
Join our community of industry professionals and gain the skills, knowledge, and confidence you need to thrive in your new career. We look forward to welcoming you to our Perth campus and helping you reach your career goals.
For more information or to enrol, contact us today. Your future starts here at Mine Training Australia.
A moderate English language, literacy and numeracy skill is required.
Participants must be over eighteen (18) years of age of age.
Participants must wear the following PPE to commence the training:
- long sleeved shirt (preferably high vis)
- long pants
- enclosed shoes (preferably steel capped boots)
Safety glasses, gloves and hard hat will be provided however you are encouraged to bring your own.
Lunch: Bring your own (microwave and fridge available).
Parking is available on site or walk from Glendalough Train Station.
Subsidised Traineeship and Concession Eligibility Requirements
Eligibility for subsidised training:
You are eligible for a subsidised training place if you have left school, your primary place of
residence is in Western Australia and you are:
- an Australian citizen; or
- a permanent visa holder or holder of visa subclass 309, 444, 785, 790, 820 or 826;
- a dependent or spouse of the primary holder of a visa subclass 457; or
- a Bridging Visa E holder (subclasses 050 and 051) and you have made a valid application for a
- visa of subclass 785 or 790.
- Not currently completing another funded course under the same scheme
* Please note that access to subsidised training is subject to availability.
* Students who obtain in a funded place can only be enrolled in one funded course at a time.
* The student fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at
enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as student service and resource fees.